Arizona Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Job Opening: President & CEO
Start Date: Immediate
The Arizona Chamber of Commerce & Industry (Chamber) Board of Directors is seeking diverse qualified candidates for the position of President & CEO. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative self-starter and have a background in legislative, executive and judicial branch affairs, public policy as it relates to the business community, economic development, and free-market philosophy, membership recruitment, organizational administration and budgeting, strategic planning, and a philanthropic mindset. The President & CEO reports to the Boards of the Chamber and the Arizona Manufacturers Council and is responsible for embracing and fulfilling the Chamber’s mission and the Arizona Manufacturers Council’s mission and overseeing their public policy initiatives as well as administrative, programmatic, and fiscal management of the organizations. The successful candidate for this position must be a leader and passionate advocate for manufacturing and business and should possess skills related to managing media and events, strategic planning, fundraising/grant writing, and community outreach. S/he will be a highly collaborative and inspirational leader with the demonstrated ability to successfully manage current programs, while developing new programs and strategic initiatives for the Chamber and forming mutually beneficial alliances.
The President & CEO is a flexible, full-time position which includes a competitive compensation and benefits package (salary based on full-time/exempt status with health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, retirement plan with match, and paid leave offered) and provides an opportunity to elevate and expand this financially sound and reputable organization.
Arizona Chamber of Commerce & Industry
At the Arizona Chamber, we’re committed to ensuring economic growth and prosperity for all Arizonans. We advocate for free-market policies and work to advance Arizona as a leading player in the global economy. We aim to serve as the collective voice for Arizona business at the state legislature, with the executive and judicial branches, and with the federal government — representing the interests of commerce and industry in an effort to further grow our state economy. The mission of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry is to advance Arizona’s competitive position in the global economy by advocating free-market policies that stimulate economic growth and prosperity for all Arizonans.
Since 1974, the Arizona Chamber has been the leading statewide business advocate at the Arizona Capitol and with the Arizona congressional delegation. Its diverse membership employs 250,000 Arizonans in all business sectors from manufacturing to services and includes small, medium, and large employers. Arizona’s elected officials, regulators, and grass roots activists consider the Arizona Chamber one of the most effective and respected public policy associations in Arizona.
The Arizona Manufacturers Council, housed within the Arizona Chamber, is the voice of Arizona manufacturing. We are a community of makers dedicated to creating the innovations that safeguard and improve people’s lives and to providing the jobs that anchor Arizona’s economy. We are the official state affiliate of the National Association of Manufacturers and we aim to promote and enhance a positive business climate for manufacturing and related industries that operate within Arizona.
President & CEO Responsibilities:
- Organizational Leadership: Oversees and reports on the organization’s results to the volunteer Board, various committees, and a diverse administrative staff dedicated to the Chamber’s and Arizona Manufacturers Council’s missions. The President & CEO is an organized self-starter who is responsible for supervising and leading Chamber staff and volunteers in a manner that supports the vision and mission and is reflective of the organizational culture. Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs, including facilitating interdisciplinary efforts and empowering volunteers and vendors, while providing clear expectations and ongoing dialogue.
- Communication with Board of Directors: Responsible for effective, timely and accurate Board reporting to guide decision making, demonstrate adequate progress toward strategic goals, and ensure transparency; coordination and setting of various committee meetings.
- Advocacy/Legislative, Executive Branch, and Community Engagement: Responsible for developing relationships with all levels of governmental leaders and other professional, civic and private organizations to further the objectives of the Chamber; responsible for furthering core programs.
- Fiscal Management: Responsible for overall financial management and integrity of the organization, including development of a budget, operating within the approved budget, utilizing resources efficiently, and considering financial impacts of programmatic expansion. Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates for the Board’s Executive Committee. Develops and implements consistent cost accounting policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
- Revenue Generation: Responsible for identifying and securing funding necessary for operation of the organization through fundraising, event programming, grant writing efforts, and membership retention and growth. Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives. Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
- Strategic Planning: Responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating, and expanding organization initiatives, including communicating with the Board and staff regularly regarding progress towards goals.
- Foundation: Responsible for Foundation overseeing all administrative functions necessary to maintain financial, management and operational separation.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Arizona Chamber seeks a well-respected, inspirational leader with a passion for advancing the organization’s mission and priorities. S/he will be a dynamic and innovative leader who builds on the Chamber’s strong legacy while bringing a fresh approach to envision the future of business and the economy for the state of Arizona. The President and CEO will have demonstrated experience developing and implementing a visionary strategic plan in conjunction with an influential Board of Directors having disparate interests. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of executive-level leadership experience with a regional, national, or global organization of similar scale and complexity, with demonstrated working knowledge of business, public policy, and economic development with a proven and significant record of shaping and establishing pro-business policies at the state and federal levels and of successfully forming coalitions to advocate for pro-business public policies.
Advanced degree is strongly preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
Application Deadline: For best consideration, apply by March 18, 2021.
Applicants should submit resume, cover letter (with compensation expectations), writing sample (i.e., grant application, article, PowerPoint presentation, press release), and professional references (excluding Chamber or Arizona Manufacturers Council board members) electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: All required documents must be submitted electronically. Initial interviews will be conducted via online platform.
The Arizona Chamber of Commerce & Industry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Based on experience
Education: Bachelor’s (required); advanced degree preferred
Work Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Schedule: Regular business hours and after hour events
Company’s website: www.azchamber.com