Fly-in features broad coalition of business, education, law enforcement and faith leaders
WASHINGTON – Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry President and CEO Glenn Hamer is on Capitol Hill today leading a group of Arizonans urging the state’s congressional delegation to pass an immigration reform package this year.
The group is meeting with all nine of Arizona’s U.S. House members, carrying the message that immigration reform is critically important to the state and country’s future economic success.
Hamer, who last night addressed a gathering of leaders from across the country here as part of the broader Americans for Reform Washington fly-in of over 600 participants, said that the American people strongly support immigration reform.
“The American people know that our immigration system is a drag on our country’s ability to grow and compete,” Hamer said. “We’re here to remind our members of Congress that immigration reform can’t wait.”
In addition to Hamer, the Arizona delegation visiting Capitol Hill today includes:
• Barry Broome, President and CEO, Greater Phoenix Economic Council
• Lea Marquez Peterson, President and CEO, Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• Bill Montgomery, Maricopa County Attorney
• Jack Harris, former police chief, City of Phoenix
• Mary Ann Miller, President and CEO, Tempe Chamber of Commerce
• Vice Mayor Tony Rivero, City of Peoria
• Steve Moore, President and CEO, Greater Phoenix Convention and Visitors Bureau
• Pastor Gary Kinnaman
• Pastor Bob Hake, Orangewood Church, Phoenix
• Pastor Dan Steffen, Pure Heart Christian Fellowship, Glendale
• Nan Walden, Farmers Investment Co., Sahuarita, Ariz.
• Russell Johnson, President and CEO, Merchants Information Solutions, Inc.
The delegation’s updates can be followed on Twitter using the hashtag #Ready4Reform.
# # #
The Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry is committed to advancing Arizona’s competitive position in the global economy by advocating free-market policies that stimulate economic growth and prosperity for all Arizonans.